TORONTO – Ontario announced the launch of its new autism program on Thursday, which is expected to go much more smoothly than the Liberal government’s last attempt that angered thousands of families and spawned large protests.
Children and Youth Services Minister Michael Coteau said children will begin moving into the new program on June 26.
Unlike the bungled rollout last year, intensive therapy will not be limited to children under five as the government works toward fully implementing the program by the spring of 2018.
The key difference this time around is families and advocates were involved in the process of developing the program, said Ontario Autism Coalition president Bruce McIntosh….
Continue reading on Toronto Sun *